Notices to Mariners Week 48
1. ENGLAND – East Coast – Depths. – one reduction of depth right in the middle of the SW line of the Black Deep. This notice is a repeat of an identical Notice previous jsut to amend two additional charts. So altready advised and not likely to hinder leisure crafts at 15m either.
2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Depth. – One reduction of depth at the head of the Aldeburgh Ridge and extending the 5m contour to the NE.
1. River Thames – LOWER HOPE REACH – ALPHA JETTY – DREDGING OPERATIONS – On or about 15th November 2020, contractors working on behalf of Brett Aggregates will commence dredging operations to remove spoil material and obstructions at Alpha Jetty, Cliffe. It is anticipated that these operations will take three days to complete. The chartlet below depicts the location and marine footprint of the works:
The Dredger ‘WYRE SANDS’ will display the lights and shapes as prescribed in Rule 27 of the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972 namely:
• By day, three black shapes in a vertical line the highest and lowest of which are balls and the middle one a diamond. • By night, three all round lights in a vertical line the highest and lowest of which are red and the middle one white.
Further details will be broadcast by London VTS on VHF Channel 68. Image of location on the usual Local list at: Notices to Mariners
2. Port of Wells – Dredging
3. Blakeney Harbour – Mariners entering Blakeney Harbour should note that the FAIRWAY BUOY (N 52° 59.225’ E 000° 58.526’) is now off-station, and will be re-positioned during Spring 2021.
4. Navigation Closure due to Dredging Operations on Waxham Cut, Horsey Mere – Brograve Mill to Bridge Farm – dredging operations programmed to commence from Monday 4 January until Sunday 28 February 2021. During this period, dredging will be in operation between 0800 hours and 1600 hours daily, excluding weekends. All equipment will be lit and signage will be in place to warn of the closure. The works will take place from the following approximate position: TG448235 to TG445246 (a link to the plan extract can be found in the above quoted page). Vessels should ensure that the new position is taken into consideration for passage planning and when navigating in this area.
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary