Notices to Mariners Week 47
UKHO Permanent/Temporary/Preliminary Notices
1. NETHERLANDS – NM Block. – Four slightly different blocks for UKHO charts covering the Borssele Wind Farm. In contrast to the NtM 5829(P) last week, there is no indication of the Borssele Passage, indeed this ‘corridor’ is marked ‘Not to be Avoided’. Of course shipping over 24m cannot use the Passage.
2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Depths. – Two new reduced depths on the west side of the Holm Sand. This follows NtM 5827 last week and now substantially encroaches Corton Road. The NtM 5827 single sounding last week is included in this image.
3. ENGLAND – East Coast – Buoyage. Light-beacon. Tide gauge. – A move in some of the buoys marking the military area, removal of their lights, removal of one buoy and movement of the tide gauge all in the Wisbech Channel on the west side of the Wash. The image includes two buoys that were introduced vide NtM 4921 in Week 39 adjacent to the East Knock.
4. ENGLAND – South East Coast – Depths. – Three new reduced depths on the north part of the Varne Bank in the Channel. Unlikely to hinder leisure craft.
1. Maintenance Dredging Harwich Haven – on or about the 11th November 2019 the trailer suction dredger HAM 316 & plough dredger Bommel will commence maintenance dredging within the Haven for approximately 2 weeks. Material will be disposed at the Harwich Haven TH027 disposal site. Detailed dredger movements can be obtained from Harwich VTS on VHF Channel 71. Lights and shapes as required by Collision Regulations will be exhibited and a listening watch on VHF Channel 71 will be maintained throughout.
2. Whitaker No 7 Lighted Buoy, River Crouch is back in operation.
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary