Notices to Mariners Week 1
UKHO Permanent/Temporary/Preliminary Notices:
1. ENGLAND – East Coast – Depths. – One small reduction of depth on the edge of the main channel in the Halfway Reach of the River Thames. Unlikely to hinder leisure craft.
2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Depths. – Two Notices this week notifying more reductions of depth on the Middle Cross Sand (I had given early notice of the first last week). The trend continues extending the 10 m contour to the East but also at the top of the sand. A 5m area on the middle of the Sand has also grown. We can expect further changes as the survey continues.
3. ENGLAND – East Coast – Depth. Light. – This is confirmation of the changes notified in the Lowestoft local Notices Nos 40 and 43. An area of shoaling in the NE approaches to Lowestoft and a change in the Kirkley light segments.
4. FRANCE – North Coast – Buoy. – A new special buoy in the Dyck Oriental channel well off Dunkerque. The image is included in Notice 111 further along the list.
5. BELGIUM – NM Block. – A new UKHO block covering the Belwind Wind Farm in Belgium Waters.
6. FRANCE – North Coast – Obstructions. Automatic Identification System. Buoy. – An eclectic selection of changes: an unsurveyed ‘Foul’ at 19.5m to the west of the Rutingen East North Cardinal, a similar unsurveyed ‘Foul’ at 8.8m in the Dyck Oriental, a ‘Foul’ near to the Banc Breedt (off Dunkerque), a new special buoy close to the buoyed Passe de l’Ouest to Dunkerque and the deletion of the AIS at the ODAS superbuoy.
7. ENGLAND – East Coast – Buoy. – As reported by the Blakeney Harbour Association the ‘Fairways’ Buoy has been off station since 14th November, 2020. It is expected to be re-positioned in the Spring.
As usual all Notices are illustrated at Notices to Mariners
I have added a ‘button’ which provides a link to theNotice 8 “Sailing your pleasure craft to and from the UK”. As usual I have only left the previous year (2020) in the chronological list but if you want to go back further to the beginning of 2018, you will find all the Notices in the Area lists.
No local Notices this week as expected
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary