Notices to Mariners Week 8 & 9 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. ENGLAND - East Coast - River Crouch and River Roach - Buoyage. - Crouch Harbourmaster had advised a temp notice couple of weeks back correcting the UKHO light characteristics of the Crouch Fairway No 1 (which was correct on Imray charts) and changes of the lights characteristics of the Roach No 3.
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - Outer Gabbard E - Buoyage. - the two East Gabbard Yellow Special Buoys now deleted and replaced by 4 similar buoys in sort of the same place;
3. ENGLAND - Thames Estuary - Knob Gat - Depths. - some pretty serious reduction of the Gat's depth - see the image at the usual page: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
4. ENGLAND - East Coast - Yantlet Channel - Depths. - a minor reduction of depth in the Yantlet Channel - won't hinder leisure craft;
5. ENGLAND - South East Coast - Sandettié Bank NW - Depths. - pretty similar; in the TSS and will not hinder leisure craft;
6. ENGLAND - Thames Estuary - North Hinder South TSS - Wreck. Buoyage. Radar beacon. Restricted area. - Formal UKHO notification of the wreck in the TSS that I had previously advised vide the Trinity House NtM;
1. BELGIUM - Akkaertbank W - Wreck. - new 'old' wreck found in the outer shipping approach to Oostende - at 25m;
2. NETHERLANDS - Slijkgat - Depths. - new reduced depths at the Slijkgat on the approaches to Stellendam;
3. FRANCE - North Coast - Dunkerque Port Ouest - Intake. Piles. Light. - All in the Commercial West Harbour where we can't go;
4. ENGLAND - East Coast - Faversham Creek - Obstruction. - That is the UKHO notification of the dangerous obstruction in Faversham Creek - That had been notified by Peel Ports back in week 3. See the Temporary Notice in week 3 to see the image but see the chart position in this week Permanent list;
1. Trinity House have advised a small but important move to the east for the Inner Fisherman. Not a good idea to cut the corner; Image can be found in the Temporary List;
2. Port of London notification for the season's Woolwich Barriers closures;
3 and 4 - Peel Port advising of routine maintenance and inspections on the M2 bridge;
5. LAKE LOTHING – OULTON RAILWAY BRIDGE – NEW LIGHTS ESTABLISHED - Mariners and Port-Users are advised that new Navigation lights have been established to mark the Navigable channel transiting from Lake Lothing to Mutford Lock entrance under the Oulton Railway Bridge. Details can be found in the Temporary List.
6. Lowestoft - PONTOON INSTALLATION IN TRAWL DOCK AND ASSOCIATED VESSEL MOVEMENTS - starting from today for up to 3 weeks;
7. Lowestoft - LOWESTOFT OUTER HARBOUR, CRANE OVERHANG FROM SEMBMARINE SLP SOUTH LOAD OUT BERTH - A new crane which freewheels over the channel!
8. Lowestoft - LOWESTOFT BASCULE BRIDGE - TEMPORARY CLOSURE TO MARINE TRAFFIC - Monday 27th February;
9. Port of Wells dredging;
10. Kings Lynn Approach chartlet revised this month - download link provided in the Temporary List.
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary