Notices to Mariners Week 7,8,9 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. BELGIUM - Oostende - Buoy. - New north cardinal buoy established over wrecks close to the shore to the west of the Oostende harbour.
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - Great Yarmouth - River Yare - Lights. - This NtM was first notified by the local ABP NtM No 5 of 2018. Seven new shore side lights on the River Yare. Image now added;
3. ENGLAND - South East Coast - Kellet Gut - Wrecks. - The wreck formerly recorded as at 3m is now regarded as a visible wreck at chart datum. Identified by the local Lifeboat;
4. NETHERLANDS - Approaches to Westerschelde - Geul van de Rassen - A ‘nasty’ reduction of depth in the Geul van de Rassen in the second of two offshore passages down to Vlissengen.
5. ENGLAND - East Coast - South Cross Sand N - Depths. - Three reductions of depth on the north tail of the South Cross Sand. Nothing particularly drastic.
6. New Editions of ADMIRALTY Charts published 15 February 2018 - Chart 105 England - East Coast, Cromer Knoll and the Outer Banks and Chart 108 England - East Coast, Approaches to The Wash and Wells-Next-The-Sea.
7. ENGLAND - East Coast - South Cross Sand - Depths. - Two reductions of depth on the Corton Sand edge of the South Cross Sand. Not a nice place to be IMHO;
8. ENGLAND - East Coast - River Thames - Yantlet Channel - Depths. - Three reductions of depth on the northern edge of the deep water Yantlet Channel off Hole Haven Creek. Lots of water for leisure craft;
9. ENGLAND - East Coast - Colne Bar - Buoyage. - UKHO repeating the Trinity House notification of week 4. Slight buoyage movements;
10. ENGLAND - Thames Estuary - Mouse Channel - Drying height. Depths. - 5 reductions of depth in and around the Mouse Channel and the tail of the SW Barrow Sands.
11. BELGIUM - Blankenberge - Note. - This refers to (and deletes) the Temporary Notice 450(T) of Week 4 this year but I would suggest that the image of that NtM is still relevant. The Note says the depth vary and the buoyage moved accordingly.
1. WOOLWICH REACH - ENVIRONMENT AGENCY - THAMES BARRIER CLOSURES - dates for May to October.
2. LONG REACH NAVIGATOR TERMINAL TEMPORARY REPAIRS TO UPSTREAM DOLPHIN;
3. BUGSBYS REACH SILVERTOWN TUNNEL BORE HOLE OPERATIONS - They are going to make holes for London Transport!
4. THAMES BARRIER CONTROL ZONE THAMES BARRIER TEMPORARY NAVIGATION LIGHTS;
5. LOWESTOFT OUTER HARBOUR – QUAY FENDER REPAIRS AND RENEWAL - BRIDGE CHANNEL AND WAVENEY DOCK;
6. Port of Wells - dredging;
7. Havengore Bridge broken - as already reported.
All illustrated as usually at: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary