Notices to Mariners Week 49
1. Admiralty Charts to be published 19 December 2019
Chart 1698 - International Chart Series, England - South Coast, Dover. 1:6,250 - To include depths from the latest Dover Harbour Authority surveys and developments to the Western Docks
Chart 1827 - Harbours on the South East Coast of England.; A Approaches to Ramsgate. 1:12,500; B Pegwell Bay and the River Stour. 1:12,500; C Ramsgate. 1:5,000; D Broadstairs 1:5,000; E Margate. 1:7,500 - Includes significant safety-related information as follows: changes to depths and the port entrance channel.
Chart 1872 - North Sea, Dunkerque to Vlissingen. 1:100,000; Blankenberge. 1:15,000 - Includes significant safety-related information as follows: new submarine cables. (A modified reproduction of Chart D11 published by Belgium).
Chart 1874 - International Chart Series, North Sea, Westerschelde, Oostende to Westkapelle. 1:60,000; A Zeebrugge. 1:20,000; B Brugge. 1:15,000; - Includes significant safety-related information as follows: new submarine cables. (A modified reproduction of INT1474 published by Belgium).
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - Depths. - River Thames - One small reduction of depth on the northern edge of the Yantley Secondary Channel by the Chainrock SHB off Holehaven which was only revised about ten weeks ago. Not likely to hinder leisure craft!
3. ENGLAND - East Coast - Depth. - Long Sand Head area - One reduction of depth (a very small reduction) on the centre of the DW Channel by Trinity (off Long Sand Head). The image includes all the revised depths and buoy move vide NtMs 5330 in week 42, 5212 in week 41 and 4940 in week 39.
1. As already mentioned - Flying Display & Pyrotechnics (Exclusion Zone) Mariners are advised that on the 30th November 2019 a twilight flying display, including pyrotechnics will commence in the display area is highlighted (see the previous thread or go to my usual web page for the Temporary List) between 15:50 hrs and 16:55 hrs. The display area will also form an exclusion zone between 15:50 hrs and 16:55 hrs on the 30th of November 2019. Harwich VTS operate a traffic organisation service and vessels may be subject to additional traffic management during this event.
2. Whitaker No 3 Lighted Buoy, River Crouch - is back in operation.
3. Port of Wells - dredging
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary