Notices to Mariners Week 47 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. New editions of charts: Admiralty Charts to be published 23 November 2017 - Chart 323 - International Chart Series, Dover Strait, Eastern Part. 1:75,000, Chart 1610 - International Chart Series, England - East Coast, Approaches to the Thames Estuary. 1:150,000: Admiralty Charts to be published 7 December 2017 - Chart 1491 - International Chart Series, England – East Coast, Harwich and Felixstowe. 1:10,000, Chart 2693 - International Chart Series, England – East Coast, Approaches to Felixstowe, Harwich and Ipswich with the Rivers Stour, Orwell and Deben.
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - Yantlet Channel - Buoy. - was a PLA NtM couple of weeks back, now a UKHO 'permanent' notice - the new south cardinal called Oikos off the Oikos Jetty for major works - just east of the Hole Haven Creek.
3. ENGLAND - East Coast - River Medway - Obstructions. Legend. - this was a recent Peel Ports (Medway) correction about the wrong 1.6 obstruction in Saltpan Reach which isn't/wasn't there.
4. BELGIUM - Wenduinebank S - Fouls. - just east of Oostende, now an area of Foul. See the image on the usual page for all these: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
5. ENGLAND - East Coast - Woolwich Reach W - Depths. - a small reduction of depth (from 4.9 to 4.2m) just on the south edge of the Thames channel off Greenwich.
1. GREENWICH REACH *- GREENWICH PIER - TEMPORARY PIER CLOSURE AND MAINTENANCE WORKS - closed from 20th November to 25th November and then some new mooring arrangements. Two images on the Temporary list on the page above;
2. Temporary Lock Closure - Ipswich - due to essential maintenance on the Flood Gates by the Environment Agency, Ipswich Lock will be closed for all vessels during the following periods :-
Tuesday 28th November 2017 - 0730hrs ~ 1730hrs and Wednesday 29th November 2017 - 0800hrs ~ 1730hrs;
3. LOWESTOFT HARBOUR AND HARBOUR APPROACHES – DREDGING ACTIVITIES - started yesterday until about the 24th November;
4. Port of Wells dredging.
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html