Notices to Mariners Week 44 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
UKHO Permanent / Preliminary / Temporary
1. New Editions of ADMIRALTY Charts published 01 November 2018 - Chart 1607 - England - East Coast, Thames Estuary, Southern Part. 1:50,000;
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - NM Block. - This replaces last week’s Preliminary NtM regarding the Great Yarmouth Outer Harbour depths and issues a new block of the Outer Harbour. Download available of course at the usual page. http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
3. ENGLAND - East Coast - Fog signal. - Delete of the Fog horn on Tower Bridge!
4. ENGLAND - East Coast - Depths. - This Notice is an identical notice to No 4928(P)2018 in week 42 dealing with new depths in the Lowestoft North Road. The image is repeated:
5. BELGIUM - Legend. Depths. - 9 reduced depths on the Westhinder but all over 4 metres. The current new notice also includes a warning of ‘Works in Progress’ in the Nieuwpoort Harbour.
1. Harwich VTS - Long Range VHF radio antenna replacement works - on or about Monday 22nd October 2018 works will be carried out to replace the VTS Long Range VHF radio system antenna. Resilience systems will be in use by VTS during the duration of these works and mariners may experience a reduction in operational VHF radio range for a short period of time.
2. East Coast of England - The Wash - Approaches to Kings Lynn - Establishment of new Isolated Danger Buoys - on or about 17th October 2018, 2 new Isolated danger navigation buoys will be established to indicate 2 newly designated Foul Ground* areas on the seabed at the following locations: Buoy “Z6”: Isolated Danger buoy, Buoy “Z9”: Isolated Danger buoy, (see image for position). Each area of foul Ground extends for a radius of 250m centred on the above positions. Foul Ground is defined as “as an area of foul ground, not dangerous to surface navigation, but to be avoided by vessels anchoring, trawling etc”.
3. FIREWORK DISPLAYS - BROADSTAIRS HARBOUR - a firework display will take place from the Viking Bay Beach on Monday 5th November at 20:00 hrs for approximately 15 minutes.
4. NO. 1 RAMSGATE APPROACH BUOY - is currently unlit; this will be reinstated as soon as possible.
5. Havengore Bridge is back working!
No News News - no dredging at Wells report this week ! Report of a book signing at the weekend regarding the book about the Wells Harbour.
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary