Notices to Mariners Week 40 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
UKHO Permanent/Temporary/Preliminary & Trinity House Notices
1. SOUTH EAST COAST OF ENGLAND - GULL STREAM - N.W. GOODWIN LIGHTED BUOY - Amendment : Moved to Latitude 51º 16.720’N., Longitude 001º 28.470’E. Movement effected consequent upon a recent survey. - Moved to the west see image on the usual page;
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - Depths. Wrecks. - One new reduced depth on the Cromer Knoll and an additional new wreck on the Sheringham Shoal. Note that 3 wrecks were announced on the Sheringham Shoal in Week 31 vide NtM 3551 so all the wrecks are include in the revised image on http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html;
3. ENGLAND - South Coast - Light. - Deletion of the light on the end of the unused inner pier on the very western side of the harbour of Dover.;
4. ENGLAND - East Coast - Wreck. Obstructions. - A new wreck at 16m depth but nets and submerged buoy at 9.5m west of the Dudgeon West Cardinal buoy, north of the Sheringham Shoal Wind Farm;
5. BELGIUM - NM Blocks. Legends. - A UKHO block for part of Zeebrugge Harbour and three new ‘Historic Wk’ annotations off Dunkerque and Zeebrugge.
1. GRAVESEND REACH LOWER SUBSURFACE TOWED SURVEY EQUIPMENT - Starting on 3rd October 2018, a PLA Survey vessel will be deploying subsurface towed survey equipment up to 200m behind the vessel. The vessel will run lines approximately East to West, and North to South. The operations will be in Gravesend Reach Lower, shown below. The work will continue until 30th November 2018 - Image on the Temporary List as above;
2. GRAVESEND REACH LOWER SUBSURFACE TOWED SURVEY EQUIPMENT - Starting on 3rd October 2018, a PLA Survey vessel will be deploying subsurface towed survey equipment up to 200m behind the vessel. The vessel will run lines approximately East to West, and North to South. The operations will be in Gravesend Reach Lower, shown in the image on the Temporary List. The work will continue until 30th November 2018. More detail on the Temporary List;
3. Harwich VTS - Long Range VHF radio refurbishment works - on or about Monday 24th September 2018 works will commence on the VTS Long Range VHF radio system for up to 2 weeks.
Resilience systems will be in use by VTS during the duration of these works and mariners may periodically experience a reduction in operational VHF radio range.
4. Updated Notice No 2 - Works in Queenborough Harbour to lift the existing commercial moorings (Queenborough No.1 to No.4 bouys) are now completed. The new yacht moorings are now planned to be laid in Queenborough Harbour (C & D Trots) 25th September – 7th October 2018 and Loden Hope later in October (shown in red as per the plans - image on the Temporary List).
5. Port of Wells - dredging;
6. DREDGING CAMPAIGN - Ramsgate
Mariners are advised that the Dredger ‘DC Vlaanderen 3000’ will be undertaking a dredging campaign in the Port entrance on Tuesday 25th September 2018 (TOMORROW!) for 1 day only. The dredger will be monitoring Channel 14 and vessels are requested to pass at low speed.
7. Havengore Bridge Update (20.09.18) - Final safety reviews of the planned remedial works will be conducted next week. When the approach proposed by the engineers has been approved, the works will be scheduled and an update published when the date has been confirmed. We apologise for the delay and continuing inconvenience, but you can appreciate that there can be no compromise on safety.
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary