Notices to Mariners Week 4
Four Permanent UKHO notices this week:
1. ENGLAND - South East Coast - Dover S and E - Wrecks. - three revised (less shallow) depths over wrecks south and east off Dover. All three amply deep enough for leisure craft;
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - River Blackwater - Depths. Drying heights. - my fault I'm afraid. UKHO have adopted my survey of Mersea Quarters last autumn so they have marked up 5 reduced depths including two drying heights. There is, the usual image, showing the revision but I have also added my chartlet of the survey - probably in tedious detail because it was drawn for the fairway committee. Both the UKHO and my charts are showing last year's buoyage but the Committee will be referring their revised plan to Trinity House for approval shortly, maybe even this week. The buoyage will change and I (and UKHO) will notify details to you all asap. You will note that 2m CD is no longer universal in the Quarters. Access around the moorings is fine; it is the movement of the Quarters Spit which is the problem.
3. ENGLAND - East Coast - Aldeburgh Napes - Wreck. - a new wreck off Aldeburgh - but well off and at 14.1m;
4. ENGLAND - South Coast - Port of Dover - Prince of Wales Pier and Eastern Arm - Buoyage. Maritime limit. - Legend. - works on the Prince of Wales pier and Eastern Arm - restricted area affecting the approach to the marina and the western side of the Outer Harbour. Still plenty of room though.
Please see all the images on the usual page athttp://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
1. EAST COAST OF ENGLAND - CROMER LIGHTHOUSE -On or about 7th February, 2017, for a period of up to 3 days the AIS service will be interrupted to facilitate the fitting of new equipment.
2. CROUCH HARBOUR COMMISSIONERS - Admiralty Chart Addition No 3750 Rivers Crouch & Roach advising a misprint: Burnham Fairway No 1 Buoy has been misprinted as Fl G 6S, the actual sequence is QG.
3. Ipswich Lock - Temporary Lock Closure for essential maintenance on the Flood Gates by the Environment Agency, Tuesday 17th January 2017 - 0730hrs - 11 OOhrs and Wednesday 18th January 2017 - OSOOhrs - 1130hrs
4. Norfolk Broads - Dredging work in Haddiscoe New Cut 13 February 2017 to 31 March 2017. That is all I can add at the moment as the web site is locking me 'out'!
5. Port of Wells - dredging - see details in the Temporary list on the above page.