Notices to Mariners Week 4
1. ENGLAND - East Coast - Buoyage - Deletion of the two cardinals buoys formerly marking the Kings Lynn Anchorage and previous approaches to Kings Lynn.
2. FRANCE - North Coast - Depths. Wrecks. NM Blocks. Buoy. - An eclectic group of changes – three UKHO blocks for three charts, three reduced depths over wrecks, one reduced depth, one depth completely deleted and one channel buoy moved! The three UKHO blocks cover the Passe d’Ouest (west of Dunkerque). The reduced depths over wrecks, changed depths and buoy move are in the Chenal Intermediaire and Rade de Dunkerque. All images are combined in the PDF download of images Only two UKHO blocks illustrated here. All at the usual page: Notices to Mariners
3. ENGLAND - South East Coast - Depths. - One small reduction of depth in the edge of the SW TSS close south of the F2 special mark. The Imray chart is already correct. At 26m unlikely to hinder leisure craft!
1. River Thames - VTS EMERGENCY EXCERCISES - Mariners are advised that for VTS Emergency resilience training, all TBNC operations will be conducted from Gravesend on the following dates;
• Wednesday 15th January 2020
• Tuesday 21st January 2020
• Wednesday 22nd January 2020
• Thursday 23rd January 2020
• Tuesday 28th January 2020
It is anticipated there will be no impact on operations or river users and a Securité safety alert will be broadcast on Ch.14 during the duration of the exercise. TBNC will be manned at all times.
2. Harwich Harbour - Maintenance dredging – Harwich Haven berths and approaches - on or about the 14th of January 2020 the dredger Sospan Dau will commence maintenance dredging in the harbour, for a period of approximately 5 days. Materials will be disposed of to the beneficial sites in the River Stour and River Orwell. Detailed dredger movements can be obtained from Harwich VTS on VHF Channel 71. Lights and shapes as required by Collision Regulations will be exhibited and a listening watch on VHF Channel 71 will be maintained throughout. (Image can be found in the Temporary List on the above quoted page).
3. River Crouch - Dredging Operations - Essex Marina will be undertaking annual Maintenance Dredging Operations in the approach to and within Essex Marina, Wallasea Island, Essex between approximately the 13th January 2020 through to the 31st March 2020. Dredging Operations will be carried out by Tug PUNISHER. Please be aware that small sections of pontoon may temporarily be placed onto Essex Marina’s Swinging Moorings which at night will be marked with a fixed white light at each end. Caution should be taken when entering and leaving the Marina whilst Dredging Operations are in progress. For additional information please contact Essex Marina Tel 01702 258531
4. Ipswich - Temporary Lock Closure - due to essential works on behalf of ABP, Ipswich Lock will be closed for all vessels during the following period : Tuesday 21st January from 0900hrs ~ 1500hrs . There is a possibility that works could be completed earlier than expected, please contact Orwell Navigation Service on VHF CH 68 for the latest information.
5. Port of Wells - Back dredging!
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary