Notices to Mariners Week 28,29,30 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. New editions of Charts 1606 - England - East Coast, Thames Estuary, Fisherman’s Gat to Princes Channel and 1609 - England - East Coast, Thames Estuary, Knock John Channel to Sea Reach on 27th July.
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - Orford Haven and Woodbridge Haven - NM Blocks for Charts 2693 and 2695 - the UKHO only show the positions of the Safe water buoys - refer to East Coast Pilot (http://www.eastcoastpilot.com/downloads.html ) for the downloads which show the full detail.
1. Kingsnorth Power Station - Demolition of Remaining Boiler Structures - planned demolition event on 27th July 2017 at 15:00hrs. At that time the two remaining boiler structures at Kingsnorth Power Station will be demolished by use of a controlled explosion. (Intriguing to consider the difference twix a 'demolition event' and a 'controlled explosion'!)
2. KING'S LYNN CONSERVANCY BOARD - The Wash - Approaches to King's Lynn - Additional Navigation Aid - a new red can called..... 'R'. There is a link to download the chartlet on my usual page (Temporary List) - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
3. Port of Wells - dredging;
4. Port of Ramsgate - Filming event - tonight between 2200 and 1am involving a local fishing boat, a safety boat and a controlled special effect fire on the fishing vessel.
5. River Crouch - Inner Whitaker South Cardinal - has lost its top mark - now was it yellow/black/yellow, black/yellow/black or what -I confess I would check..
1. NETHERLANDS - Slijkgat - NM Block. Buoyage. - a useful UKHO chart block of the Slijgat channel (on the route to Stellendam);
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - Stanford Channel - Legend. - There was several reductions of depths on the Holm Sand, east of the Stanford Channel (off Lowestoft). This notice now adds 'Less Water (2016)';
3. ENGLAND - East Coast - River Crouch - Burnham-on-Crouch - Buoyage. - This is the UKHO notification of the previous local Crouch NtM about the 'No Wash Zone'. Image at the usual page: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
4. BELGIUM - Wielingen S - Buoy. - A new yellow special buoy east of the Zeebrugge Harbour;
1. Trinity House notification of a new dangerous wreck - the decommissioned tug lost on a tow, now lying in 5.1 est. water CD. Four wreck buoys around it. Offshore Lowestoft - see the image in the same page but in the Temporary List;
2. River Thames - GRAVESEND REACH, JETTY AND PONTOON MAINTENANCE, DENTON WHARF - now in works;
3. Port of Wells dredging;
4. Approaches to King’s Lynn – Hunstanton and North Beach Heacham. British Water Ski Championship on Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th July 2017.
Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?482373-Notice-to-Mariners-Week-29#mtk8RuuWvchAIAJM.99
1. River Thames - DARTFORD CREEK BARRIER MAINTENANCE - removal and replacement of chains - works will take place until mid September. Normally open for navigation apart from 26th July and 8th August (subject to the schedule sticking); Attention requested;
2. RIVER MEDWAY – GARRISON POINT - Sheerness Number 10 Berth, River Works and Lifting Operations - Heavy lifting until the 19th July;
3. RIVER MEDWAY – GARRISON POINT - Garrison Point – Defective Fog Horn - at No 10 berth.
4. Port of Wells - dredging of course;
5. Havengore Bridge is defective, engineers have been called to 'reinstate functionality': They should say when it is going again;
Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?482807-Notice-to-Mariners-Week-30#8VLjp6SWwvf2bBg5.99
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html