UKHO Permanent/Preliminary or Temporary
Only two - and uninteresting:
1. ENGLAND - East Coast - Depths. (strange title this week!) - Two reduced depths in the Thames: the first right by the Broadness port hand buoy, the second just east of the QEII bridge. Neither likely to hinder leisure craft.
2. ENGLAND - South East Coast - Wrecks. Depths. - Change of depths on four wrecks east of Kent. All at safe depth for passage by leisure craft.;
1. THAMES BARRIER DREDGING OPERATIONS - On or about Monday 25th June 2018 for approximately 1 week, conducting dredging operations in FOXTROT span of the Thames Barrier. The dredging will be undertaken from a flat top pontoon positioned alongside pier 5 with a hopper barge alongside to take the dredged material. During the dredging operations, FOXTROT span will be in the maintenance position.
2..Rivers Crouch & Roach - CHA Annual Buoy Maintenance - is due to commence on Monday 25th June 2018. The work will be carried out from the vessel 'JUMBO' which will keep a listening watch on VHF channel 11/16. Requested to give a wide berth and pass at a safe speed so as not to create excessive wash whilst the vessel is alongside the navigation marks.
The work is expected to take approximately several weeks.
3. LOWESTOFT OUTER HARBOUR – BRIDGE CHANNEL QUAY WALL MAINTENANCE/REPAIR - schedule to commence on Wednesday 20th June, to repair suspended quay support structures and fender sections on the South side of the Bridge Channel, just East of the Bascule Bridge. The works will be undertaken from Vessel 'Flying Hart' with support craft 'Cargo of Dreams', berthed alongside the areas. All craft will monitor VHF Ch.14. Vessels wishing to transit the area should contact Port Control to obtain information and advice on works activities. Vessels should only pass the works sites once permission has been granted, should afford as wide a berth as is safe and practical, and pass at slow speed to reduce vessel wash. Works are expected to take approx. two weeks to complete.
4. Ramsgate - Mitre Gates and Lifting Bridge Works - Mitre Gates will be reinstated by a floating crane on Wednesday 27 June. On Friday 29 June the Flap Gate will be removed to be overhauled. During these periods, it will not be possible to transit between the Royal Harbour and the Inner Basin. Both operations are subject to weather, further information can be sought from Ramsgate Port Control on VHF Ch. 14. The crane barge 'Skyline 21' will be listening on VHF Ch. 14 - Mariners are asked reduce their speed to create minimum wash when passing the work area.
That's it. There is no report of dredging at Wells this week......
1. ENGLAND - East Coast - Depths. - Four reduced soundings in the Thames, all in different locations between Sea Reach and Barking 4 images. None going to trouble leisure craft;
2. ENGLAND - South East Coast - Obstruction. - Unexploded ordnance found in the Sandiettie DW channel but at 25m or more, not likely to hinder leisure craft.;
3. ENGLAND - East Coast - Dolphins. Lights -Two new lights on Dolphins on the north bank of the Thames, just before Fiddler's Reach.
4. ENGLAND - East Coast - Wreck. Beacon. - The wreck of the SS Lowlands lies at the end of East Mersea in the Colne. Now degraded and so changed as a less obvious wreck and marked by an unlighted East Cardinal Beacon.
1. GRAVESEND REACH SURVEY AND DECK REPAIRS GRAVESEND TOWN PIER - work will commence on Gravesend Town Pier on or around 5th July 2018, and will last approximately 10 weeks. The work involved the inspection and, where necessary, replacement of deck timbers. During this time scaffolding will be in place under and around the pier structure. At times a crane barge will lay alongside the pier ahead for a day at a time;
2. GREENWICH AND WOOLWICH REACH FIREWORKS DISPLAYS LOCAL TRAFFIC CONTROL - fireworks displays will be conducted on behalf of Sail Greenwich in Greenwich Reach and Woolwich Reach. Greenwich Reach On Wednesday 4th July, Thursday 5th July and Friday 6th July 2018 there will be fireworks displays from barges positioned upstream of Greenwich Ship Tier. The displays will commence at 21:45 and delays of up to 10 minutes may be expected. Woolwich Reach On Saturday 7th July 2018 there will be a fireworks display from barges positioned downstream of Woolwich Arsenal Pier. The displays will commence at 21:45 and delays of up to 10 minutes may be expected.
Images of locations at: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html - The Temporary List.
3. As reported - Ipswich Temporary Lock Closure - essential works on behalf of the Environment Agency , Ipswich Lock will be closed for all vessels during the following period :- Monday 9th July from 2200hrs ~ Tuesday 10th July 0600hrs There is a possibility that works could be completed earlier than expected, please contact Orwell Navigation Service on VHF CH 68 for the latest information;
4. Port of Wells - dredging;
5. King's Lynn Harbour - Beacon "Bravo" Navigational Mark - Off Station due to damage. Beacon "Bravo" position 52° 49'.090N 000° 21'.136E. - Mariners are advised to keep clear of this area until damaged beacon has been recovered.
6. There is a new London Array Wind Farm about a Wind Turbine Blades maintenance program but the link doesn't work at the moment. I had emailed the Coordinators for a copy and I will report soon as...
Only the one:
ENGLAND - East Coast - Obstruction. - Delete of previous obstruction in the Medway off Thamesport. I think this has been before.
1. River Crouch – Upper Reaches Obstruction - sighting of an abandoned anchor thought previously to have been attached to a mooring buoy in approximate position:
51° 37.793'N, 000° 36.316'E - The anchor constitutes an underwater hazard. Vessels navigating in the vicinity are advised to pay particular attention to under keel clearance as available water may be restricted by up to 1 meter. The Authority will advise once the obstruction is cleared. - I have drawn up an image on the usual Temporary list: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html The spot is 'off South Woodham Ferrers';
2. LOWESTOFT OUTER HARBOUR – BRIDGE CHANNEL QUAY WALL MAINTENANCE/REPAIR - works continue to repair suspended quay support structures and fender sections on the South side of the Bridge Channel, just East of the Bascule Bridge. The works are being undertaken by Vessel 'Flying Hart' with support craft 'Cargo of Dreams', berthed alongside the areas. All craft will monitor VHF Ch.14. Vessels wishing to transit the area should contact Port Control to obtain information and advice on works activities. Vessels should only pass the works sites once permission has been granted, should afford as wide a berth as is safe and practical, and pass at slow speed to reduce vessel wash. NOW - expected to take until approx. the end of August to complete;
3. Addition to last time - Beacon "Bravo" Navigational Mark - Approaches to Kings Lynn - Temporary Mark established - Navigational Mark Beacon "Bravo" has been replaced with a temporary mark and has a light characteristic of Fl.Y.2s. Beacon "Bravo" position 52° 49'.090N 000° 21'.136E
4. Ramsgate Approaches - EAST BRAKE BUOY - Mariners are advised that the East Brake buoy is now back on its charted position of 51˚19.47'N – 001˚29.22'E;
5. Port of Wells - dredging;
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary