Notices to Mariners Week 25 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
3 by the UKHO. All very unexciting!
1. NORTH SEA - United Kingdom Sector - Jim Howe Bank E - Buoy. - new yellow special mark (2 buoys) on the Bank which is quite a way off Cromer;
2. BELGIUM - Westhinder SW - Depth. - one reduced depth in the West Hinder TSS but as it is 16.3m unlikely to hinder us;
3. FRANCE - North Coast - Dunkerque Port-Ouest - Lights. - Change in two light characteristics in the Commercial Port at the entrance to the link canal - where we should be!
1. River Thames - 86th Sailing Barge Race - Gravesend Reach to Mouse Channel - Saturday 15th July;
2. River Thames - Port of London Authority - proposing deletion of obsolete Navigational Marks - comments can be sent - available on the usual page in the Temporary list;
3. River Thames - Bugsby Reach - alert regarding events and exclusion zone during the arrival and departure of Cruise Ships - 16th and 30th June and 8th July;
4. Maintenance dredging – Harwich Haven berths and approaches - 14th June for 12 days approx;
5. NAVIGATION - River Crouch - No Wash Zone Buoys Established – Essex Marina - two new warning buoys in place;
6. Port of Wells - dredging;
7. Kings Lynn - East Coast of England - The Wash *- Approaches to the Nene. - Race Bank Export Cable Installation Works. - Removal of Isolated Danger Buoy to mark unburied cable.
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary