Notices to Mariners Week 25 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
3 by the UKHO. All very unexciting!
1. NORTH SEA – United Kingdom Sector – Jim Howe Bank E – Buoy. – new yellow special mark (2 buoys) on the Bank which is quite a way off Cromer;
2. BELGIUM – Westhinder SW – Depth. – one reduced depth in the West Hinder TSS but as it is 16.3m unlikely to hinder us;
3. FRANCE – North Coast – Dunkerque Port-Ouest – Lights. – Change in two light characteristics in the Commercial Port at the entrance to the link canal – where we should be!
1. River Thames – 86th Sailing Barge Race – Gravesend Reach to Mouse Channel – Saturday 15th July;
2. River Thames – Port of London Authority – proposing deletion of obsolete Navigational Marks – comments can be sent – available on the usual page in the Temporary list;
3. River Thames – Bugsby Reach – alert regarding events and exclusion zone during the arrival and departure of Cruise Ships – 16th and 30th June and 8th July;
4. Maintenance dredging – Harwich Haven berths and approaches – 14th June for 12 days approx;
5. NAVIGATION – River Crouch – No Wash Zone Buoys Established – Essex Marina – two new warning buoys in place;
6. Port of Wells – dredging;
7. Kings Lynn – East Coast of England – The Wash *- Approaches to the Nene. – Race Bank Export Cable Installation Works. – Removal of Isolated Danger Buoy to mark unburied cable.
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary