Notices to Mariners Week 20 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. ENGLAND - South East Coast - Port of Ramsgate - Depths. - Ten new reduced depths in the Outer Harbour of the Port of Ramsgate. None likely to hinder leisure craft. Image on the usual page: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - River Thames - Yantlet Channel - Obstruction - Deletion of Obstruction on the south side of the Thames between the Cliffe Fleet and Mid Bythe.
1. THAMES BARRIER TEMPORARY NAVIGATION LIGHTS - formerly promulgated in Notice to Mariners M13 of 2018 - will continue on the Thames Barrier to upgrade the existing navigation lights on each of the piers. These works are expected to last approximately three months. In order to facilitate continued safe navigation through the Thames Barrier a temporary red cross will be utilised to indicate a span that is currently closed to navigation from one or both directions. Image on the temporary list on the above page;
2. Ipswich - Tidal Barrier New Cut Navigation - commencing 1800hrs 1st May 2018 there will be a change to Navigation in the New Cut. All vessels must now proceed through the Tidal Barrier. The area to the West of the Tidal Barrier is now closed to Navigation for all vessels. See image on the temporary list, above page;
3. Ipswich - Temporary Lock Closure - will be closed for all vessels during Wednesday 9th May 2018 0730 ~ 1200hrs This is to facilitate urgent repairs to the Outer Lock Gate Cill. Please contact Orwell Navigation Service on VHF Ch 68 for all the latest Information.
4. Woolverstone Marina –Removal of Navigation Aid - on the 21st May 2018 disconnection and removal of the following navigation aid from the derelict pier. Easternmost Marina Pontoon 2FR (vert) Position Lat 052 00.430N Long 001 11.784 E.
5. Port of Wells - Dredging
6. Blakeney Harbour entrance No. 1 buoy (N52° 58.893’. E 000° 58.221’) is currently off-station until further notice. Vessels entering Blakeney Harbour should proceed with caution from the Blakeney Fairway buoy, leaving the HJORDIS isolated danger beacon (N 52° 59.018’. E 000° 58.144’) approx 500metres to the West and then head for the starboard hand;
7. Potton Bridge currently closed because of defect: Havengore - From Monday 14 May to Friday 25 May, Range activity may continue into the evening. This means that part of the Range (Land Area 1) will remain closed.
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary