Notices to Mariners Week 20 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
Permanent UKHO notices:
1. ENGLAND - East Coast - Yantlet Channel - Depths. - couple of depth reductions just north of the Yantlet Channel of the River Thames. Not likely to hinder leisure craft;
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - Kessingland S - Wrecks. - two new wrecks just south of the Benacre Ness reasonable close to shore but at 6.6 and 9.4m;
3. DOVER STRAIT - Sandettié Bank - Depths. - two new reduced depths on the Sandettie - at 4.4m worth noting, might be lumpy in the wrong conditions;
4. ENGLAND - East Coast - Lowestoft - Buoy. - deletion of the Compass buoy in Lake Lothing - had been notified as a local NtM several weeks back.
1. River Thames, Gravesend Reach off Tilbury Power Station, Jack-up Barge working from 18th May. Image available on the Temporary list;
2. River Crouch - Dredging in and around Essex Marina has finished;
3. River Crouch - Fishing Pot markers - between the Buxey Sands (Buxey Edge) and Swallowtail Nos 2, 3 and 4, marked with flags, lights and radar reflectors;
4. River Crouch - Swallowtail No 4 is off station;
5. River Crouch - Burnham Harbour dredging now finished;
6. Port of Wells - dredging;
7. RAMSGATE - Electrical Works within the Inner West Marina - Had started already and will continue this week mainly on King George's pontoon.
8. London Array - divers working on various locations.
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary