Notices to Mariners Week 2
Notices to Mariners Week 2 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. New Editions of ADMIRALTY Charts published 11 January 2019 - Chart 1351 - France - North Coast, Approaches to Calais. 1:15,000 inc. Calais. 1:7,500
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - Thames Estuary - Routeing measures. Legend. - The notice permanently marks the changes for the Routing Precautionary Area round the Long Sand Head originally notified back in 2017 as a Preliminary Notice (vide NtM 4087(P) of 2017) The Imray charts are already amended but for clarity for readers I have included an image including the dotted line showing the emendation is showed here in case no one has an out of date notice. I include the IMO 2017 diagram of the intended changes which had been caused by the Long Sand Head extending towards the NE.
3. NETHERLANDS - Sluissche Hompels - Depths. One reduction of depth on the Sluissche Hompels sands well clear of the deep water channel into the Westerschelde.
1. WOOLWICH REACH (UPPER) ISLAND JETTY - DECONSTRUCTION WORKS IN PROGRESS - OBSTRUCTION - on the 28th December 2018 a PLA Driftwood vessel will position a South Cardinal Mark off the piles at the deconstructed Island Jetty. The South Cardinal Mark will display a white light with characteristics Q(6)+LFl.15s. (Chartlet shown on the usual page: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html (in the temporary page).
2. Maintenance Dredging, No.8 and No.10 Berths Isle of Grain - from about the 2nd January 2019 maintenance dredging operations will be undertaken at the Liquefied Natural Gas Facility at the Isle of Grain. The dredger Maasmond will be working within the LNG Berth Exclusion Zones. All Vessels, both commercial and Leisure, are to keep well clear of the exclusion zones and pass with caution.
3. RIVER MEDWAY – GARRISON POINT - Garrison Point – Defective Fog Horn - Notice is hereby CANCELLED given that the fog horn positioned on the down stream end of Sheerness Number 10 berth is now restored, the fog horn is located in the following approximate position: 51° 26’.94 N 000° 44’.82 E.
Happy New Year.
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary