Notices to Mariners Week 17
UKHO Permanent/Temporary or Preliminary
1. New Editions of ADMIRALTY Charts published 23 April 2020 – Chart 1185 – International Chart Series, England – East Coast, River Thames, Sea Reach. 1:25,000; Continuation of Hole Haven Creek. 1:25,000
2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Depths. – Two reductions of depth near to the London International Cruise Terminal at Tilbury. Unlikely to hinder leisure craft; unlikely for us to be there!
3. ENGLAND – East Coast – Depths. – Five reductions of depth juts off the Landguard Container Terminal and the Landguard Fort.
4. ENGLAND – East Coast – Depths. – Two small reductions of depth off Grays at the Black Shelf and White Hart SHBs.
1. Harwich Harbour – Maintenance dredging – on or about the 15th of April 2020 the dredger Sospan Dau will commence maintenance dredging in the harbour, for a period of approximately 8 days. Materials will be disposed of to the beneficial sites in the River Stour and River Orwell (see the image on the Temporary List at the usual page Notices to Mariners Detailed dredger movements can be obtained from Harwich VTS on VHF Channel 71. Lights and shapes as required by Collision Regulations will be exhibited and a listening watch on VHF Channel 71 will be maintained throughout.
2. ADA Point Flashing Red Light – Bridgemarsh Creek, River Crouch – the red light on ADA Point in approximate position: 51˚ 38.410’N, 001˚ 45.687’E, at the entrance to Bridgemarsh Creek is unlit and the pole supporting the light is barely visible at High Water.
That’s all this week.
Caution should be taken when entering and leaving Bridgemarsh Marina.
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary