Notices to Mariners Week 12 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. ENGLAND – East Coast – Long Sand NE – Depths. – Six new depths in the Black Deep in the vicinity of the Long Sand Head. This is an area of sandwaves but all are over 11m so no leisure craft will be hindered. All images for all at: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Cockle Shoal SE – Depths. – Four reduced depths to the east edge of the Cockle Shoal.
1. Greenwich Reach – Greenwich Pier – Temporary Pier Closure & Maintenance Work – Closed 26th March until 30th March – see image at the Temporary list @ the same page.
2. Ha’penny Pier – The mooring facilities at Ha’penny pier will be open from 30 March to 30 October 2018 – details, costs etc on the same page and the PDF can be downloaded there.
3. Port of Wells – Dredging;
4. Port of Ipswich – Temporary Lock Closure – Ipswich Lock will be closed for all vessels during the following periods:- Saturday 12th May 2018 1315 ~ 1530hrs Saturday 12th May 2018 1645 ~ 1915hrs These closures are required to accommodate the prestigious 5k Twilight Road Race which is taking place around the Wet Dock.
5. Approaches to Kings Lynn – Temporary amendment to buoyage No.16 – light buoy and associated mooring has been salvaged and all markers buoys removed. A temporary yellow navigation buoy (see picture below) with yellow light Fl (3)Y10s has been established;
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary