Notices to Mariners Week 11
Notices to Mariners Week 11 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. ENGLAND - East Coast - Depth - Unusually an increase of depth (they are not normally notified in NtMs). The increase is in the Deep Water Sandettie TSS (NW direction). Hardly likely to hinder leisure craft!
1. WEST LEIGH BUOY WRECK RECOVERY & DIVING OPERATIONS - This notice supersedes L2 of 2019
The recovery of the sunken vessel previously reported in position 51° 30.586458N 000°38.728122E in the vicinity of the W Leigh Middle Buoy will commence on 11th March 2019 subject to favourable weather conditions. The wreck will be initially recovered and transferred north to shallower water where it can be fully pumped out in order to refloat. Once afloat it will be towed to Smallgains Creek where it will be lifted out. Recovery will be undertaken using the barge ‘ELLANOR’, with the assistance of the tug ‘SPEEDWELL’. Diving operations in support of the recovery will be carried out from the tug ‘PHOENIX’. All vessels will maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 68 throughout operations, and a “Proceed with Caution” will be broadcast by London VTS at all times whilst the operation is underway. During diving operations flag code ‘ALPHA’ will be displayed along with flag code ‘ROMEO YANKEE’.
The temporary Emergency Wreck Marking Buoy, which currently marks the wreck, will be removed by a PLA Marine Services vessel to ensure the wreck is accessible for recovery. The buoy may need to be reinstated for a time if daylight, tide or weather conditions require the recovery operation to be temporarily halted.
2. LONG REACH NAVIGATOR TERMINAL TEMPORARY SCAFFOLDING WORKS ON JETTY 2 - On Friday 1st March 2019 work will commence to erect temporary under-slung scaffolding works on Jetty No. 2 at Navigator Terminals. Once in place strengthening work will take place to the existing steel structure. The temporary works will not impinge the face of the berth and there will be no restrictions to vessels berthing and mooring operations. Works are due to be completed by 30th April 2019.
3. Harwich Harbour and approaches – Seasonal recreational marks - On or after the 1st March 2019 the following seasonal recreational mark will be established: Harwich Shelf East Cardinal Buoy 51°56’.84N 001°18’07E.
4. Port of Wells - dredging.
Images as usual on http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary