Notices to Mariners Week 11 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
Just the one - and at the Corton Sands again:
1. ENGLAND - East Coast - Corton Sand - Depths. - A dramatic change in depth in channel east of the Corton Sand - from 11.7m to 1.2m! Fortunately not a usual place to be.
Loads - as usual.
1. GRAVESEND REACH OBSTRUCTION – SUNKEN PONTOON - following the recent severe weather a flotation pontoon has come adrift and sunk in the Gravesend PLA Yacht Trot in Gravesend Reach - The pontoon is currently anchored to the river bed and will be fitted with a yellow flashing special mark. See the image on the usual Temporary List on: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
2. KENTISH FLATS OFFSHORE WINDFARM UNIDENTIFIED SUBMERGED OBJECT - the unidentified submerged object within the area of Kentish Flats Offshore Windfarm was reported last year but is now again unmarked after the Emergency Wreck beacon came adrift and is in need of repair. Submerged object approximate dimensions: Length 3.1m | Width 1.9m | Height 2.3m
The upper edge of the object is reported to be between 1 and 1.5m below Chart Datum. Avoid the area until further notice. Again see the image on the Temporary List.
3. Harwich Haven Maintenance dredging – Water injection dredging - on or about the 5th March 2018 will commence maintenance dredging, generally over high water periods, in the following locations: Navigation House jetty, Shotley Marina Channel, Halfpenny pier, Harwich lifeboat berth, Fishermen’s moorings area west of Trinity House pier, Trinity House pier and the Mistley berths and channel for a period of approximately 8 days.
4. UPPER MEDWAY PETER’S BRIDGE (between Halling and Snodland) - planned bridge inspection for the 13th - 14th March 2018. This will involve the use of a moving gantry to inspect the underside. This equipment will restrict the available clearance.
5. LOWER HALSTOW WRECK TO THE NORTH OF LOWER HALSTOW YACHT MOORINGS - report has been received that the floating dock/converted barge, that has been moored to a large yellow mooring buoy to the north of the Lower Halstow Yacht Moorings, has sunk. It is still made fast to the buoy, but is covered at high water. Approximate position - 510 23.00N 0000 46.00E. The owner is aware and will be dealing with the situation;
6. LOWESTOFT – DREDGING ACTIVITIES - dredging activities are scheduled on or around 03/03/18. Expected duration of works: 21 days. Normal working hours: 0700-1900hrs. The dredger will be working in both Lowestoft Inner and Outer Harbour areas;
7. Broads Authority - Navigation Restriction due to Power Boat Racing - Oulton Broad 2018 - Dates and times shown in the notice in Temporary List - usual page - vessels may be temporarily restricted and regulated in their movement in the vicinity of the power boat racing circuit at Oulton Broad during the 2018 summer season. Where necessary patrol boats will supervise transit between races. Please take note of advice given by officials;
8. Broads Authority - Access Restriction at Ludham Bridge - emergency works are being undertaken on the fendering through Ludham Bridge between Monday 5 March 2018 08:00 hrs until Friday 9 March 2018 16:30 hrs and Monday 12 March 2018 08:00 hrs until Friday 16 March 2018 16:30 hrs. During this period the bridge will be only open before 08:00; at lunchtimes 12:00-13:00; and after 16:30 each day. Please observe the signage on the approach to the bridge. During the contractor’s active working times, there will normally be no access through the bridge, but if you are able to safely approach the supervisor on site, there may be occasions when passage can be allowed during these restricted periods;
9. BRADWELL POWER STATION - BRADWELL INTAKE STRUCTURE, RIVER BLACKWATER, ESSEX - Magnox Limited propose undertaking the removal of the marker buoys at the SW end of the Baffle wall, and to cut and remove piled debris to minimise potential danger to navigation. The proposed works will commence on the Monday 16th April 2018. (Good-oh);
That's it but.....
Some no news -
No report of dredging at Wells this week!
Havengore - no news - still out of operation;
And different news - from Blakeney - "Please be aware that a 30ft yacht came adrift last week and it is possible that her mooring chain had been cut. Please be vigilant, and email any suspicious behaviour to email@example.com."
That's it. (PS - read for the full details of any Notice on the web site page)
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary