Notices to Mariners Week 28
1. ENGLAND – East Coast – Buoy. – In Week 1 NtM 50 notified us of a new special yellow buoy which was marking a wind farm cable that had not been correctly buried. The buoy is now removed and so we came assume the power cable is now buried.
2.. ENGLAND – East Coast – Depths. – 4 reductions of depth in the Great Yarmouth Outer Harbour and at the entrance of the Haven, and three reductions of depth in the Haven.
3. ENGLAND – East Coast – Depth. – One reduction of depth in Gorleston Road south of Great Yarmouth. Not likely to hinder leisure craft.
1. PORT OF ROCHESTER-BRIDGE REACH DIVING OPERATIONS – Diving operations are due to take place in Bridge Reach, Port of Rochester to remove a submerged obstruction confirmed during previous dive ops. Dive and recovery works are planned for Monday 29th and, if required, Tuesday 30th June 2020 and will be carried out over the afternoon low water period. The dive team will be working from the vessel “Liftmoor”, who will be monitoring VHF Channel 74 at all times. Passing vessels are required to navigate with extreme caution and minimise their wash. Diving is expected to be concentrated around the following approximate position; 51°23’.72 N -000°30’.34 E. Further information may be obtained from Medway VTS on VHF Channel 74, call sign “Medway VTS” or telephone 0151 949 6148 or 0151 949 6650.
2. Lowestoft Harbour and Approaches –Bathymetric Survey – post-dredge bathymetric survey operations are scheduled for Lowestoft Inner and Outer Harbour Areas, also Lowestoft Approaches, as follows:- Tuesday 30th June to Wed 1st July–Surveying Inner and Outer Harbour area, and Lowestoft Approach Channel–operations by vessel ‘UKD Resolution’. Vessel will be monitoring VHF Ch14 throughout the survey activities. Vessel movements will be monitored and co-ordinated via Lowestoft Port Control. Vessels will be updated with survey activities and location accordingly. Vessels are requested to afford the survey vessel a wide berthand pass at slow speed to minimise vessel wash. Note that timings may vary slightly subject to weather and other vessel activities. Please also note that Dredging Activities at Lowestoft are completed. Notice is hereby cancelled. Please contact Lowestoft Port Control, VHF Ch14, or Tel. 01502 572286.
3. Port of Wells – dredging
4. Blakeney Harbour – Vessels entering and leaving Blakeney Harbour should note that a new buoy has been positioned in the harbour entrance channel as follows:
HARBOUR ENTRANCE STARBOARD NO. 3A – Lighted buoy: FlG(1s). Conical G. Marked 3A – Position: N 52° 58.900’ E 000° 57.998’. Please also note that the following buoy has been re-positioned: CHANNEL MARKER PORT NO. 21 – New position:
N 52° 58.161’ E 000° 58.356’.
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary