Notices to Mariners Week 4
Notices to Mariners Week 4 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. ENGLISH CHANNEL – Submarine power cable. – This notice and an associated Preliminary notice joined to it covers the whole ‘passage’ of the power cable between Ramsgate and Zeebrugge (the Nemo Link interconnector submarine cable);
2. BELGIUM – Depths. – Three reduced of depths off the Belgium coast, first one just east of Nieuwpoort, the other two, both on the Paardenmarkt shoal just east of Zeebrugge.
3. BELGIUM – Submarine power cable. – This is confirmation of the Preliminary 2017 Notice of the power cable from the Belgium Rentel Wind Farm ashore west of Zeebrugge.
4. ENGLAND – East Coast – Lights. – This is installation of 4 isophase yellow 4 sec synchronized lights on the Lowestoft Bascule Bridge reported last week in the Local NtM.
1. Woolverstone Marina – construction and dredging works are due to commence at Woolverstone Marina on or around the 14th January 2019. These works are scheduled to last for approximately 6 weeks. The vessels involved with these works are: Buffalo – Spud legged barge with deck crane, Hurst – Split hopper barge, Stour – Workboat. The Split hopper Barges will be depositing material in the disposition area in Buttermans Bay & Long Reach. It also involves the RHYC.
2. The Broads – Navigation Restriction due to Dredging Operation on the River Bure and Fleet Dyke – dredging operations are programmed to commence from Monday 4 February until Friday 31 May 2019, during the hours of 0800 hours and 1600 hours daily, excluding weekends. The works may restrict access to South Walsham Broad via Fleet Dyke and the passage of vessels from the south of Acle Bridge (Marsh Farm) to ‘Oby Mill’. The navigation will remain open but mariners must exercise great care whilst proceeding past the works. All equipment will be lit and signage will be in place to warn of restrictions and delays.
3. Ramsgate – DREDGING CAMPAIGN – the Water Injection Dredger ‘Jetsed’ will be undertaking a dredging campaign within the Turning Circle and approach to the Breakwaters at the Port of Ramsgate from w/c 31 st December for 4 weeks. The dredger will be monitoring VHF Ch.14. Vessels are requested to pass at low speed.
No news of the Port of Wells (!). No news of Havengore Bridge.
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary