Notices to Mariners Week 7,8,9 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. BELGIUM – Oostende – Buoy. – New north cardinal buoy established over wrecks close to the shore to the west of the Oostende harbour.
2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Great Yarmouth – River Yare – Lights. – This NtM was first notified by the local ABP NtM No 5 of 2018. Seven new shore side lights on the River Yare. Image now added;
3. ENGLAND – South East Coast – Kellet Gut – Wrecks. – The wreck formerly recorded as at 3m is now regarded as a visible wreck at chart datum. Identified by the local Lifeboat;
4. NETHERLANDS – Approaches to Westerschelde – Geul van de Rassen – A ‘nasty’ reduction of depth in the Geul van de Rassen in the second of two offshore passages down to Vlissengen.
5. ENGLAND – East Coast – South Cross Sand N – Depths. – Three reductions of depth on the north tail of the South Cross Sand. Nothing particularly drastic.
6. New Editions of ADMIRALTY Charts published 15 February 2018 – Chart 105 England – East Coast, Cromer Knoll and the Outer Banks and Chart 108 England – East Coast, Approaches to The Wash and Wells-Next-The-Sea.
7. ENGLAND – East Coast – South Cross Sand – Depths. – Two reductions of depth on the Corton Sand edge of the South Cross Sand. Not a nice place to be IMHO;
8. ENGLAND – East Coast – River Thames – Yantlet Channel – Depths. – Three reductions of depth on the northern edge of the deep water Yantlet Channel off Hole Haven Creek. Lots of water for leisure craft;
9. ENGLAND – East Coast – Colne Bar – Buoyage. – UKHO repeating the Trinity House notification of week 4. Slight buoyage movements;
10. ENGLAND – Thames Estuary – Mouse Channel – Drying height. Depths. – 5 reductions of depth in and around the Mouse Channel and the tail of the SW Barrow Sands.
11. BELGIUM – Blankenberge – Note. – This refers to (and deletes) the Temporary Notice 450(T) of Week 4 this year but I would suggest that the image of that NtM is still relevant. The Note says the depth vary and the buoyage moved accordingly.
1. WOOLWICH REACH – ENVIRONMENT AGENCY – THAMES BARRIER CLOSURES – dates for May to October.
2. LONG REACH NAVIGATOR TERMINAL TEMPORARY REPAIRS TO UPSTREAM DOLPHIN;
3. BUGSBYS REACH SILVERTOWN TUNNEL BORE HOLE OPERATIONS – They are going to make holes for London Transport!
4. THAMES BARRIER CONTROL ZONE THAMES BARRIER TEMPORARY NAVIGATION LIGHTS;
5. LOWESTOFT OUTER HARBOUR – QUAY FENDER REPAIRS AND RENEWAL – BRIDGE CHANNEL AND WAVENEY DOCK;
6. Port of Wells – dredging;
7. Havengore Bridge broken – as already reported.
All illustrated as usually at: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary