Notices to Mariners Week 41 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1 and 2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Felixstowe S – Depths. Drying height. – two reduction, one reduced depth, one new drying height – on the Platters and Andrews Spit off Landguard. Then with a separate Preliminary Notice there are four other reduced depths and four new drying heights in the same area – save one reduced depth off the Cliff Rocks (at 1.3m). Very worthwhile I would suggest. Two images on: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html;
3. ENGLAND – East Coast – River Thames – Bugsby’s Reach – Depths. – one reduced of depth (to 2.6m) on the edge of the main channel of the Thames off Blackwall Point;
4. BELGIUM – Zeebrugge and Blankenberge – Buoy. Fog signal. – deletion of a Yellow Special buoy off Blankenberge and deletion of the Fog Signal on the Port Control tower in Zeebrugge harbour;
5. ENGLAND – South Coast – Port of Dover – North Pier – Light-beacon. Light. – Two lights deleted from the North Pier – that’s the eastern mole entering to the Marina;
6. BELGIUM – TSS Off North Hinder – Virtual aids to navigation. – Deep Sigh. This is a change of two topmarks on each of two virtual AIS buoy of the west of the Belwind Wind Farm off Belgium – hells bells and buckets of blood! Wot! Even the cat after sitting situated on the relevant part of the chart, got bored and went away!;
1. GRAVESEND ANNUAL FIREWORK DISPLAY – Friday 3rd November 2017 at 20:00 a fireworks display will take place over the River Thames on the south side of Gravesend Reach. Safety Zone to be in place.
2. The Broads – Restriction on River Chet – Monday 13 November 2017 until Friday 23 March 2018 – dredging and maintenance operations on the River Chet may restrict passage during weekdays, piling and dredging work will be in operation between 08:00 and 16:00 daily, excluding weekends.
3. The Broads – Closure of Limekiln Dyke – closed to navigation on weekdays due to maintenance dredging work: Monday 13 November until Friday 22 December 2017; Monday 8 January until Friday 2 February 2018 Each week during this period the closure will be in effect from 08:00 Monday to 16:00 Friday., and
4. Port of Wells – dredging.
Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?487913-Notice-to-Mariners-Week-41#I46cldOIoVkZB6h8.99
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary