Notices to Mariners Week 31 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. ENGLAND – East Coast – Southwold SE – Wrecks. – three revised swept depths off Southwold/Dunwich Bank. Very small changes and all in deep stuff;
2. BELGIUM – Zeebrugge – Pontoon. – a new pontoon in the Albert II dock which I presume is still part of the commercial harbour;
3. FRANCE – North Coast – Rade d.Ambleteuse – Restricted areas. – the smallest move of the restricted area for the explosives dumping ground – see the image to spot it – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
4. ENGLAND – East Coast – Greater Gabbard Wind Farm – Works. Maritime limit. Buoyage. – A revised P notice regarding the Galloper Wind Farm – it repeats the buoyage which you will all recall was notified in Week 20 last year but it adds that the cable works from Sizewell to the Wind Farm is about to start – new image of the route and some schedule info added from the local web site. It is slightly behind schedule.
1. LIMEHOUSE REACH – CONVOYS WHARF – SUNKEN PONTOON – on the 20th July 2017, a PLA Driftwood vessel will position an East Cardinal Mark off the sunken pontoon at Convoys Wharf. The East Cardinal Mark will display a white light with characteristics VQk Fl(3) every 5 seconds;
2. Queenborough Creek Barrier Refurbishment – from the Peel Ports NtM showing a letter from the Environment Agency about the extensive refurb – worth reading – usual page but in the Temporary list. There is a drop in “The drop-in event will take place on Thursday 27 July 2017, between 16:00 and 20:00 at Castle Connections, Railway Terrace, Well Road, Queenborough. Please join us at any point during this session to find out more about the project, particularly as your residency or business falls within the affected area.”;
3. East Coast of England – The Wash – Approaches to all Wash ports – Roaring Middle Light Float substituted by Safe watermark can lightbuoy – Reduced intensity light.
4. Port of Wells – dredging;
5. Unlit Beacon – Margate Harbour – the unlit beacon, to the North of the Stone Pier at Margate Harbour on charted position 51˚23.5N 001˚22.77E, has been replaced;
6. MARGATE HARBOUR – a temporary sculpture will be erected on the area known as Fulsam Rock, approximately 80m north from the sea wall adjacent to the Turner Contemporary and Rendezvous. Works are scheduled to take place between the 17th & 28th July.
Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?483258-Notice-to-Mariners-Week-31#jMvoulq11R8TIwqz.99
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html