Notices to Mariners Week 28,29,30 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. New editions of Charts 1606 – England – East Coast, Thames Estuary, Fisherman’s Gat to Princes Channel and 1609 – England – East Coast, Thames Estuary, Knock John Channel to Sea Reach on 27th July.
2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Orford Haven and Woodbridge Haven – NM Blocks for Charts 2693 and 2695 – the UKHO only show the positions of the Safe water buoys – refer to East Coast Pilot (http://www.eastcoastpilot.com/downloads.html ) for the downloads which show the full detail.
1. Kingsnorth Power Station – Demolition of Remaining Boiler Structures – planned demolition event on 27th July 2017 at 15:00hrs. At that time the two remaining boiler structures at Kingsnorth Power Station will be demolished by use of a controlled explosion. (Intriguing to consider the difference twix a ‘demolition event’ and a ‘controlled explosion’!)
2. KING’S LYNN CONSERVANCY BOARD – The Wash – Approaches to King’s Lynn – Additional Navigation Aid – a new red can called….. ‘R’. There is a link to download the chartlet on my usual page (Temporary List) – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
3. Port of Wells – dredging;
4. Port of Ramsgate – Filming event – tonight between 2200 and 1am involving a local fishing boat, a safety boat and a controlled special effect fire on the fishing vessel.
5. River Crouch – Inner Whitaker South Cardinal – has lost its top mark – now was it yellow/black/yellow, black/yellow/black or what -I confess I would check..
Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?481893-Notice-to-Mariners-Week-28#7KcmCw1wIvC1gKBh.99
1. NETHERLANDS – Slijkgat – NM Block. Buoyage. – a useful UKHO chart block of the Slijgat channel (on the route to Stellendam);
2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Stanford Channel – Legend. – There was several reductions of depths on the Holm Sand, east of the Stanford Channel (off Lowestoft). This notice now adds ‘Less Water (2016)’;
3. ENGLAND – East Coast – River Crouch – Burnham-on-Crouch – Buoyage. – This is the UKHO notification of the previous local Crouch NtM about the ‘No Wash Zone’. Image at the usual page: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
4. BELGIUM – Wielingen S – Buoy. – A new yellow special buoy east of the Zeebrugge Harbour;
1. Trinity House notification of a new dangerous wreck – the decommissioned tug lost on a tow, now lying in 5.1 est. water CD. Four wreck buoys around it. Offshore Lowestoft – see the image in the same page but in the Temporary List;
2. River Thames – GRAVESEND REACH, JETTY AND PONTOON MAINTENANCE, DENTON WHARF – now in works;
3. Port of Wells dredging;
4. Approaches to King’s Lynn – Hunstanton and North Beach Heacham. British Water Ski Championship on Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th July 2017.
Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?482373-Notice-to-Mariners-Week-29#mtk8RuuWvchAIAJM.99
1. River Thames – DARTFORD CREEK BARRIER MAINTENANCE – removal and replacement of chains – works will take place until mid September. Normally open for navigation apart from 26th July and 8th August (subject to the schedule sticking); Attention requested;
2. RIVER MEDWAY – GARRISON POINT – Sheerness Number 10 Berth, River Works and Lifting Operations – Heavy lifting until the 19th July;
3. RIVER MEDWAY – GARRISON POINT – Garrison Point – Defective Fog Horn – at No 10 berth.
4. Port of Wells – dredging of course;
5. Havengore Bridge is defective, engineers have been called to ‘reinstate functionality’: They should say when it is going again;
Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?482807-Notice-to-Mariners-Week-30#8VLjp6SWwvf2bBg5.99
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html