Notices to Mariners Week 26 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. ENGLAND – East Coast – Princes Channel – Depths. – one slight reduced depth to 5.5m in the centre of the Princes Channel north of the No 6. Not likely to hinder us but will be of interest to ships!
2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Woolwich Reach E – Light. – new fore-shore light close to the Woolwich Arsenal Pier;
3. ENGLAND – East Coast – Brown Ridge W – Buoy. Automatic Identification System. – new AIS on an existing yellow special lit buoy on Brown’s Ridge offshore east of Great Yarmouth.
1. Harwich Harbour – Maintenance dredging – Harwich Haven berths and approaches – revised NtM of last weeks. Dredging started from 14th June for 12 days;
2. RIVER MEDWAY – SALTPAN REACH – Isle of Grain LNG Terminal, Jetty No. 8 River Works and Diving Operations – current work until 21st July approx. The notice indicates that a safety boat will ‘police’ leisure craft for infringements of the exclusion area and excess speed and wash!;
3. The Swale – Washer Wharf – Defective Vertical Fixed Red Jetty Lights;
4. DIVING OPERATIONS LOWESTOFT OUTER HARBOUR AREA – no time limit provided – in the commercial harbour;
5. LOWESTOFT 2017 TIDE TABLE BOOKLET – POSSIBLE DATA ERROR – new page for the July page available on http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html under the Temporary list;
6. Port of Wells dredging;
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary