Notices to Mariners Week 20 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
Permanent UKHO notices:
1. ENGLAND – East Coast – Yantlet Channel – Depths. – couple of depth reductions just north of the Yantlet Channel of the River Thames. Not likely to hinder leisure craft;
2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Kessingland S – Wrecks. – two new wrecks just south of the Benacre Ness reasonable close to shore but at 6.6 and 9.4m;
3. DOVER STRAIT – Sandettié Bank – Depths. – two new reduced depths on the Sandettie – at 4.4m worth noting, might be lumpy in the wrong conditions;
4. ENGLAND – East Coast – Lowestoft – Buoy. – deletion of the Compass buoy in Lake Lothing – had been notified as a local NtM several weeks back.
1. River Thames, Gravesend Reach off Tilbury Power Station, Jack-up Barge working from 18th May. Image available on the Temporary list;
2. River Crouch – Dredging in and around Essex Marina has finished;
3. River Crouch – Fishing Pot markers – between the Buxey Sands (Buxey Edge) and Swallowtail Nos 2, 3 and 4, marked with flags, lights and radar reflectors;
4. River Crouch – Swallowtail No 4 is off station;
5. River Crouch – Burnham Harbour dredging now finished;
6. Port of Wells – dredging;
7. RAMSGATE – Electrical Works within the Inner West Marina – Had started already and will continue this week mainly on King George’s pontoon.
8. London Array – divers working on various locations.
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary