Notices to Mariners Week 6 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. Admiralty Charts to be published 23 February 2017: Chart 1975 England – East Coast, Thames Estuary, Northern Part. 1:50,000.
2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Shipway and Harwich North Channel – Depths. – 2 reductions but unlikely to hinder leisure craft;
3. BELGIUM – Westhinder to Schooneveld – Legends. Notes. Wreck. – The Belgium HO has notified that 8 wrecks have been designated as Historic Wrecks.
Temporary – a few this week
1. Medway VTS being ungraded – during which the surveillance monitoring will be reduced. Details at: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html – and select the Temporary list.
2. Medway Approach Channel – Survey and dredging work – now in survey now, dredging to start on or about the 3rd February for about five days;
3. Great Yarmouth – Outer Harbour Southern Breakwater illumination defective at present which will make the Wave wall difficult to see. Illumination intermittent until repaired;
4. Access Restriction at Reedham and Somerleyton *Swing Bridges – Network Rail are undertaking works *on Reedham and Somerleyton Bridges during the following period:
Friday 24 February 2017 23:59 hours until Monday 6 March 2017 07:00 hours. Going underneath may be possible;
5. Port of Wells dredging;
6. Havengore Bridge still defective.
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html