Notices to Mariners Week 5 – Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
1. ENGLAND – East Coast – Dunwich Bank E – Wreck. – a new wreck about 12nm east of Southwold but at 25m so unlikely to be a problem to us;
2. ENGLAND – East Coast – Thames Tidal Barrier – Depths. – 4 new reduced depths to the west of the Thames Barrier – north side of the River. Clearly a ‘bank’ is building towards the channel of the river;
3. ENGLAND – South East Coast – Isle of Thanet NE – Buoyage. – Two new wave recorder light buoys north-east and south of the Thanet Wind Farm.
1. Trinity House have published a notice about DGPS – basically how it works and can be vulnerable;
2. A temporary experimental buoy has been placed in the Cork Hole (the usual experimental space) – called ‘Trial’ it is an East Cardinal Buoy of no navigational significance – other than hitting it!;
3. River Crouch – Whitaker Channel and Swallowtail to be precise – the Swallowtail West cardinal buoy is off station at present. Would need care I would suggest.
4. Lowestoft Bascule Bridge closed: 2 nights 23rd and 24th January. No small boat openings. 29th January to 14th February – 17 nights. No small boat openings but they might accommodate along with a special 2 hour window of opening for shipping if possible. See details at: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html in the Temporary list.
5. Extension to Closure of Rockland Boat Dike & Rockland Staithe on the Broads until Friday 3rd February;
6. Port of Wells – dredging;
7. Now got the detail of last weeks Broads NtM – Dredging work in Haddiscoe New Cut 13 February 2017 to 31 March 2017 – some detail in the NtM about the restrictions in the Temporary list.
Link to details – http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html